Wednesday, November 5, 2008

#11 - My local library . . . aka the free Blockbuster


When I had Baby O, for the first few weeks I was scared to even leave the house and if I did, I didn't go farther than 2 miles. Luckily, my local library is about 2 miles away. I'd try to make my way over there once a week or so. (WARNING, THIS POST IS LONG AND I AM GOING TO GIVE MY OPINIONS, SO FEEL FREE TO CLICK AWAY)

I starting by checking out books, because that's what libraries are for, right? Well, not where I live...it's just like Blockbuster, they have every movie you could think of...comedies, dramas, documentaries, foreign films, action movies, etc. Here's the movies I've watched since Baby O was born:

The Man Who Knew Too Little - anything with Bill Murray is funny
What About Bob? - watched with mom, see above
Vantage Point - great twist
The Waitress – dumb
Chalk – funny mockumentary about teachers
Dirty Rotten Scandrels - watched with mom, anything with Steve Martin is funny
UHF - ok
Clear and Present Danger – got to love Harrison Ford
Skelton Key – spooky - didn't see the ending coming ... Pepe had to explain it to me
Fire Wall – with Harrison Ford, sort of hokey.
The Man Who Knew too Much – with Jimmy Stewart
The Family Stone – loved this movie, good Christmas movie, watched with David
No Reservations - I have no reservations that I won't watch it again
Stick It - cheesy
Crazy Love – Documentary, very crazy
In Her Shoes – cute
Bounce – good, sad movie
Farenheit 9/11 –interesting
Walmart movie – dumb
The Prestige – magic movie, confusing
The Da Vinci Code – always a good movie
No End in Sight – about Iraq war
Across the Universe - too much singing
Lords of Dogtown - fun
Music and Lyrics - cheesy
Super Size Me - I never want to eat a chicken nugget again
Cellular - cheesy
Spellbound - good doc
For Your Consideration - funny
The Baby Whisperer - this is educational
The Aviator
The First Years Last Forever - educational, but good
The Happiest Baby on the Block - highly recommend this for any new parent
The Golden Compass - ok
P.S. I Love You - don't wast your time
Dan in Real Life
Mr. Magorium's Wonder Emporium - cute kid's movie
Deja Vu - good

Writing that, I just realized I watched way too many movies. Baby stepping it all the way.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails